Sunday 22 July 2012

Three things that I have learnt during these 6 days of Math module would be CPA approach, seeing problems in a different perspective and the importance the way instructions were given to the children.  All the quizzes had definitely made me kills a lot of my brain cells and losing handful of hairs while I struggled to work them out! From what I went through, Math is not a mundane subject and had been fun with a lot of exploring and possibilities! I think my past experiences with Math and the way my Math teachers taught me during my school days had somehow diminished my interest in Math. I am glad to have that interest rekindled back at this time. At this moment, one thing that I have in mind would be how much should the teacher use concrete objects vs technologies in her class? Interactive boards and iPad are gaining so much popularity in young children hence those definitely would be able to sustain children's interest longer than concrete objects. With time constraint, should the teacher use lesser time for concrete materials and more than modern tech ogives to enhance children's learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment