Friday 13 July 2012

Basically chapter one is on the different standards on teaching Mathematics. There are 6 Principles, 5 content standards and 5 process standards. These made sense and as I was reading them, it made me reflected on the way I teach Mathematics from the day I started in Early Childhood field. I most enjoyed reading the section on listing and describing the characteristics, skills and the dispositions of becoming a Teacher of Mathematics (p. 9-10) There is a point that states that a positive attitude makes a lot of difference in the way a teacher teach Math. I feel about guilty as although I follow my lesson plans to teach Math and try to make learning Math as fun as possible, I don't feel so positive about Math as I don't like Math. Opps! Trying out the sums on Chapter 2 took me quite awhile as I was procastinating as long as i can to avoid those mind boggling sums! This chapter is rather short and straight forward so reading took a turn from dry (all those principles and standards) to interesting (teacher's attitude towards Math) 

No comments:

Post a Comment